Lynton is delighted to announce a brand new OFQUAL regulated qualification in Anatomy and Physiology for 2021!
Who Is This Course For?
This specialised Level 3 virtual classroom qualification provides the underpinning knowledge to help you understand the way in which our bodies work, which is a crucial part of the job of all aesthetic practitioners. Having a better knowledge of the various anatomical structures and the physiological function of the body systems can help you confidently assess and advise your clients about the best treatments for their concerns.
Having an A&P qualification is now also a suitable pre-requisite for people without a beauty or medical background who want to achieve higher aesthetic qualifications. This includes the Level 4 Laser and IPL hair removal and skin rejuvenation course offered by Lynton. Following the completion of these courses, you can complete a Level 5 qualification in Laser Tattoo Removal.
Part 1: Tuesday 8th – Wednesday 9th March 2022
Part 2: Tuesday 15th March 2022
Exam: Friday 18th March 2022 – 9.30am – 3pm
As part of this qualification, there will be an assignment to complete, followed by an online multiple-choice examination. On completion of this, you will be rewarded with an OFQUAL regulated Level 3 VTCT award in Anatomical and Physiological Knowledge of Body Systems. Whether you want to progress onto higher qualifications, or simply refresh your A&P knowledge, this 3-day virtual course will be invaluable in helping you deliver the best possible offering to your clients.
The course covers the following systems and also investigates aspects of dermatology, microbiology and trichology;
- Skin – structure, function, and common problems (such as vitiligo, melasma, milia, scars)
- Nails – structure, function
- Hair – structure, function and reasons for unwanted growth (including medical conditions)
- Cardiovascular system; function and structure (including the heart, blood vessels and blood composition)
- Lymphatic system – function and structure (including lymph nodes and position of nodes)
- Endocrine system – function and structure (thinking about how it might affect results of certain treatments)
- Skeletal system – function and structure (including a consideration of how bone structure affects the ageing process in the face)
- Digestive system – function and structure
- Nervous system – function and structure
- Respiratory system – function and structure.
Why Train with Lynton?
This 3-day interactive virtual course is delivered via Zoom, which means that you will get interactive teaching with an experienced Lynton trainer. Unlike other online courses, you will have the opportunity to ask questions directly and interact with your tutor and classmates, resulting in a much more positive learning experience.
What Will You Get Out of It?
- A VTCT Level 3 OFQUAL Qualification.
- Opportunity to do a Level 4 VTCT Laser and Light Qualification after completion.
After qualifying as a Beauty Therapist in 2002, Kirsty very quickly discovered a passion for skin and lasers. She has been using lasers and IPL systems since 2003, and joined Lynton as a Clinical Trainer in 2008.
In 2010 she became the manager of the Lynton Clinic, but continued to run a variety of training courses. She has completed her VTCT Level 4 Laser and Light Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation qualification as well as the L5 in Laser Tattoo Removal. She is also a qualified assessor.
In 2018 she became the Education Lead at Lynton lasers, and is now responsible for the organisation and delivery of the Lynton VTCT qualifications. She still administers treatments at the Lynton Clinic, keeping her skills and knowledge completely up to date.