Lynton Company Values
Lynton is the UK’s leading manufacturer of laser and aesthetic equipment to the medical, cosmetic, and beauty industries. Our devices are used in a wide range of applications including hair removal, skin rejuvenation, tattoo removal, as well as advanced surgical procedures within the NHS. Alongside manufacturing equipment, we also run a best-in-class training academy and an advanced aesthetic clinic. To our customers, we are known for being British manufacturers, scientific experts, providing quality products, and delivering excellent customer service.
We are continually striving for growth and reward success with a great total rewards package alongside social team outings, summer and Christmas parties, and a rich calendar of events. We look for like-minded people to join our winning team who possess our values in abundance, which are: Integrity, Positivity, Quality, Reliability, and Care!
Field Service Engineer
- Working within an award-winning company
- Annual leave of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Generous company pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Annual Christmas profit related bonus
- Life insurance 3 x times salary
Our service team supports hospitals, clinics and beauty salons throughout the UK as well as international distributors. The role of our engineers is to ensure that Lynton equipment is maintained in excellent working condition through scheduled maintenance visits, repair “call-out” visits and new product installations. The job role will include fault finding, electrical testing and optical alignment of lasers and Intense pulsed light systems on customer sites and at our Cheshire based factory. Your initial induction training will be for 2 weeks at the factory in Cheshire.
This is a UK-wide role, and as a result the job does require someone who enjoys driving. The successful candidate will be :
- Responsible for visiting UK customers to provide regular service maintenance and repair call out support
- Responsible for visiting overseas distributors to provide support and training as required
- Responsible for the electrical testing and optical alignment of all products manufactured by the company including all prototypes and accessories.
- Responsible for the completion of all associated test and inspection sheets and for ensuring that all products conform to the standards set by the Medical Devices Directive.
- Responsible for maintaining full and accurate records of all service visits including installations.
- Responsible for the delivery and collection of products including those for use in demos and exhibitions.
- Responsible for maintaining communication with all end users and for soliciting feedback.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct procedures are followed when equipment or parts are returned for repair or replacement
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Science or Engineering degree, or be someone with experience of technical field service.
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Have a logical approach to problem solving, with hands-on experience of dealing with tools and technical equipment
- Show initiative and have the capacity for decision-making
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be empathic and able to build relationships with customers and colleagues
- Be IT literate
- Be able to work well in a team environment but also enjoy lone-working
- Company vehicle
- 50hrs per week
- Location: South-East (but nationwide travel will be required)
To apply for this role, please email a CV and covering letter to: Chris Dowsett Wain email@example.com@lynton.co.uk. The deadline to apply is Thursday 30th September 2021.
Clinical Trainer Vacancy
Job Title: Clinical Trainer.
Line Manager: Sam Hills.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm.
- Company car
- 25 holidays plus 8 bank holidays
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Life Assurance (3 x salary)
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Discounted products/treatments
Purpose: Responsible for administering customer product training to new and existing customers and providing excellent ongoing customer support.
- Responsible for delivering training to Lynton customers for a variety of aesthetic treatments, including (but not limited to) laser and IPL hair removal, laser and IPL skin rejuvenation, laser tattoo removal, and radiofrequency skin tightening and body sculpting.
- Responsible for training customers in the safe and effective use of company products.
- Responsible for organising training days and preparing customer training plans.
- Responsible for preparing customer training literature, presentations, and manuals.
- Responsible for maintaining regular contact with existing customers to monitor performance and provide ongoing clinical feedback and support.
- Responsible for collecting clinical material from customers.
- Responsible for promoting and selling Lynton Skincare products during training sessions.
- Responsible for disseminating information between customers and for ensuring that best clinical practice is maintained.
- Responsible for the preparation of training manuals and videos.
- Responsible for generating information, photographs, and other information used to create marketing materials.
- Responsible for helping to organise and attend conferences/exhibitions.
- Responsible for presenting at workshops and seminars.
- Responsible for providing feedback to other areas of the business.
- Any other reasonable task as requested.
- Experienced in using cosmetic laser or IPL systems for hair removal, skin rejuvenation, and tattoo removal.
- Training/teaching experience.
- A healthcare or beauty qualification (minimum Level 3).
- Full driving license.
- Enthusiastic and friendly.
- Shows Integrity.
- Quality Focused.
- A willingness to travel.
- Experience using body-shaping equipment and other aesthetic technologies (RF, Ultrasound, peels etc).
- Training/educational qualifications.
- Skincare product knowledge.
To apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Dr Sam Hills. The deadline to apply is Thursday 30th September 2021.