About This Course
This 3-day Skin and Laser Applications course is the most comprehensive course available and is ideal for those who want to gain a good overview of what lasers and IPL can achieve.
This course is especially suited to those of you who are looking to set up your own skin clinic and want to learn more about what laser and IPL systems can achieve.
The first day of this course includes the Core of Knowledge, which provides the certification required to obtain insurance for laser & IPL systems.
You will learn the fundamentals of laser technology and an overview of different treatments. The course is a fantastic opportunity to watch live demonstrations and gain practical hands-on experience in the areas of hair removal, tattoo removal, treatment of vessels, pigmentation removal and body shaping.
You will get to use a wide variety of technologies including:
- Alexandrite Laser (755nm)
- Nd:YAG laser (1064nm)
- Q-switched Nd:YAG (1064nm and 532nm)
- Fractional Laser (CO2 and 2940nm)
Please note that further training on your own machine is always advised and that anyone who acquires a Lynton system directly from Lynton always has full system training included.
There are no pre-qualifications needed to do this course and places are available to anyone who has an interest in learning about laser and IPL applications and wants to gain hands-on experience or sharpen existing skills.
- Features of light from lasers and IPL
- Safety Issues and Equipment Management
- Introduction to risk assessment and minimising risks including contraindications, medications and Fitzpatrick skin types
- Hair Removal, Vascular and Pigmented Lesions, Tattoo Removal, Skin Rejuvenation including Fractional Laser Treatments, Acne and Acne Scarring
- Consultation Procedure and note-keeping
- Dealing with adverse reactions
- New technologies and developments
- Pricing of treatments
Opportunity for You to Take Part In:
- Hair removal treatment
- Tattoo removal treatment
- Vascular conditions including facial and leg telangiectasia, rosacea, spider naevi, port wine stains treatment
- Pigmentation treatment including solar lentigines and sunspots
What Will You Get Out of It?
After completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate in conjunction with The University of Manchester.
Dr Samantha Hills
Dr Sam Hills is the Clinical Director at Lynton Lasers and oversees the Clinical and Training Program. In 2017 Sam was also appointed an honorary lecturer in the Department of Musculoskeletal and Dermatological Sciences at the University of Manchester, in recognition for her on-going contribution to the University of Manchester’s ‘Anti-Aging and Aesthetic Medicine’ MSc course.
Before joining Lynton she completed a degree in Physics, followed by a PhD in Physics and Pharmaceutical Sciences, working in the field of light responsive drug delivery. After graduation, she worked as a Post- Doctoral Research fellow at The University of Manchester until joining Lynton in 2002.
She is the author and main lecturer of the industry-leading Lynton / University of Manchester Skin Laser courses that are available to anyone in the industry with an interest in laser applications. She has been asked to contribute to a number of books on laser and light treatments and has published over 30 papers in a variety of medical and scientific journals.