This 3-4 day Skin-Laser Application course is the most comprehensive course available and is ideal for those who want to gain a good overview of what lasers and IPL can achieve
The first day of this course encompasses the Core of Knowledge, which provides the certification required to obtain insurance for laser & IPL systems by virtue of the fact that it covers the fundamentals of laser safety and is based on the syllabus outlined by the MHRA, covering all aspects of basic laser-safety.
The course also covers the key fundamentals of laser technology giving an overview of the many different skin laser applications such as; hair removal and tattoo removal, from both a theoretical and practitioners perspective.
There are demonstrations of treatments (mainly hair removal, tattoo removal, vessels and/or pigmentation) throughout day two and three with opportunity to see a wide variety of technologies including; IPL, Alexandrite Laser (755nm), Nd YAG laser (1064nm), Q switch ND YAG (1064nm and 532nm), Radiofrequency (4th day only), Fractional Laser (Co2 and 2940nm) (4th day only)
This is especially suited to those who are looking to set up their own skin clinic and want to learn more about what IPL and laser systems can achieve, which ones they need and an overview of how to use them (please note further training on your own machine is always advised, anyone who acquires a Lynton system from us has full training included).
We have also now added an additional 4th day (limited availability), which is practical-only and gives students more opportunity to carry out a variety of laser aesthetic treatments which as well as the treatments above can also include fractional lasers (Co2 and 2940nm) for mild rejuvenation, scars and stretchmarks.
There are no pre-qualifications needed to do this course and places are available to anyone who has an interest in learning about laser and IPL applications and to gain hands-on experience or sharpen existing skills.
- Features of light from lasers and IPL
- Safety Issues and Equipment Management
- Introduction to risk assessment and minimising risks including contra-indications, medications and Fitzpatrick skin types
- Hair Removal, Vascular and Pigmented Lesions, Tattoo Removal, Skin Rejuvenation, including Fractional Laser Treatments, Acne and Acne Scarring
- Consultation Procedure and note-keeping
- Dealing with adverse reactions
- New technologies and developments
- Pricing of treatments
Demonstrations and Opportunity to Take Part in:
- Hair removal
- Tattoo removal
- Vascular conditions - facial and leg telangiectasia, rosacea, spider navei, port wine stains
- Pigmentation - solar lentigines, sunspots, melasma
- Rejuvenation - skin tightening and collagen stimulation (4th day only)
- Scars/ stretchmarks (4th day only)
After completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate in conjunction with The University of Manchester.