In the last few years, the aesthetics industry has seen a huge demand for skin needling treatments. The VTCT (ITEC) Level 4 Certificate in Skin Needling is an advanced qualification designed specifically for both level 3 qualified beauty and medical practitioners. The Level 4 Skin Microneedling course is suitable for all practitioners seeking to add advanced procedures to their treatment offering.
In the ever-growing and expanding aesthetics industry, being able to show that you have regulated qualifications is a great way to set you apart from other clinics. It also enables you to gain the best knowledge in performing treatments, which helps you to achieve the best results for your clients.
We believe this to be one of the best course out there for practitioners who want to be competent and confident in performing skin needling treatments in their own business.
The JCCP is now stating that regulated qualifications are a must and that all practitioners should have them, regardless of background, to ensure correct and safe treatment.
About This Course
This 4-day course is perfect for existing practitioners who want further training or a formal qualification, specialising in skin needling treatments.
All training will take place in our state-of-the-art Training Academy at Holmes Chapel, Cheshire.
You will learn how to perform skin needling treatments with three different needling technologies and varying application methods.
There will be three assignments to complete at home and then a theory and practical exam to be completed at the Training Academy. On completion, you will receive your full qualification and certificate.
Day 1: Monday 19th September: Theory Training with Device Demonstrations
Day 2: Tuesday 20th September: Practical Skin Needling Training – Face and Body
Day 3: Wednesday 21st September: Practical Skin Needling Training – Face and Body
Day 4: Friday 21st October: Theory and Practical Examination
All delegates will attend 4 days of training and assessment in total. You may be exempt from the at home assignments if you have previously completed the below assignments in the last three years:
- Principles and practice of aesthetic treatments
- Advanced consultation for aesthetic treatments
- Advanced skincare for aesthetic treatments
Course entry requirements:
- Level 3 Qualification in Anatomy and Physiology and Level 2 or 3 in Skincare with a Regulated Provider (VTCT or CIBTAC)
- Level 3 Facial Certificate (e.g. Facial Electrics, Microdermabrasion, and Skin Peeling)
- CIBTAC Level 3 Certificate The Principles of Cosmetic Practice
- Level 3 Beauty Therapy (full qualification)
- If you have a Nursing or Medical Qualification you are still required to have a Level 2 or 3 in Skincare with a Regulated Provider (VTCT or CIBTAC)
An (ITEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention is also required to sit this Level 4 skin needling course.
(Please contact us for more details on the (ITEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention).
This course will cover the following areas:
- History of Skin Needling
- Anatomy & Physiology – understanding the skin and how we can work with needling
- Conditions suitable for treatment including: lines, wrinkles, skin slackness, open pores, scars and, stretchmarks
- Benefits and limitations of needling
- Treatment planning – how many treatments and how often
- Needle size- the depth required for face and body treatments
- Pre/post skincare
- Pain control and the law
Duty of care:
- Regulation licensing
- Salon Hygiene, sterilisation, and disinfection
- Health and safety
- Needle disposal
Consultation and record-keeping:
- Managing expectations
- Record keeping
During the practical element of this session, you will be able to perform treatments using dermal rollers, the Focus Dual® Radio Frequency Microneedling system, and the EPN Microneedling Pen. You will be shown how to set up the devices, change their settings, and be given information on the various methods used to perform skin needling treatments. You will also work on live models, the 6 case studies required for this course are all carried out at the Academy.
Why Train with Lynton
Our training centre is equipped with the latest interactive audio-visual technology. We have treatment rooms housing our industry-leading aesthetic devices, allowing delegates to receive excellent educational content together with live demonstrations and hands-on experience with live models.
Uniquely, we are able to offer hands-on experience on a wide range of different systems, unlike many other training providers who generally only have one system at their disposal. We believe no other training centre has this number of systems available.
All of our trainers have years of experience in performing treatments as well as training, so they are able to give the best and most accurate knowledge possible.
What Will You Get Out of It?
- A Level 4 VTCT accredited skin needling qualification
- A qualification that can then lead onto VTCT Level 5
- Practical experience of performing skin needling treatments for a range of skin conditions, on different areas of the face and body.
- Practical experience using a variety of skin needling technologies.